WIRRAL HISTORY
welcome to wirral history.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WIRRAL HISTORY
welcome to wirral history.
WIRRAL HISTORY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 32 on Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:46 pm
Gallery

Woolworths to close in January Empty
Latest topics
» 'The Hollows'
Woolworths to close in January I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:57 am by Damian O'Kane

» Flintshire Atomic Site. TUNNELS
Woolworths to close in January I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:35 am by vatansever223

» Bromborough (Eastham) - Aviation Fuel Reserve Depot WW2
Woolworths to close in January I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:35 am by vatansever223

» The Dungeons of New Brighton....

» Birkenhead Park Transport Festival STEAM engines
Woolworths to close in January I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:14 am by THE BOSS

» New Brighton Neptune Development
Woolworths to close in January I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:20 am by THE BOSS

» New Brighton & Wallasey - Bygone Days
Woolworths to close in January I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:52 am by THE BOSS

» Fort Perch Rock newbrighton
Woolworths to close in January I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:10 am by helma

» Last Orders
Woolworths to close in January I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:26 am by THE BOSS

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Woolworths to close in January

Go down

Woolworths to close in January Empty Woolworths to close in January

Post by THE BOSS Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm

The first shops will shut on 27 December and all 27,000 permanent and temporary staff will lose their jobs if no last-minute buyer is found.
The administrators said there was still interest in parts of the business but admitted they had "not come close" to finding a buyer for the firm.
A range of food, clothes and "value retailers" have made offers to take over the leases at about 300 stores.
And efforts would be made to put Woolworths staff who were losing their jobs in contact with these potential employers, the administrators Deloitte said.
Deloitte's Neville Kahn said it was unclear how much of its debts would be paid, but added it was "clear that the creditors and suppliers will not get paid in full".

Last week bargain hunters began flocking to branches of Woolworths on the first day of a store closure sale at all its outlets across the country.
Among the stock still on sale were 200,000 copies of X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke's version of Hallelujah, the administrators said.
Mr Kahn added that an extra 50 million items would be delivered to Woolworths stores and bigger discounts - some of more than 60% - would be offered to shift stock.
Shop windows will also display a countdown showing how many days were left before the store closed, he added.
Staff - who will be entitled to compensation under the statutory redundancy payment scheme - will be retained for a few days following store closures.
The chain was forced to call in administrators three weeks ago, amid mounting debts and losses.
Last week its distribution arm, Entertainment UK, made 700 staff redundant after failing to find a buyer for the business.
The company delivered up to 30% of music CDs in the UK, as well as film and TV DVDs.
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-11-10

http://wirralvaleting.web.officelive.com

Back to top Go down